Sunday, October 10, 2010

Picking Pretty Pumpkins


Hello again!

The parentals came for a visit this weekend (stay tuned for a more detailed account) but on Saturday afternoon whilst Daddio got some much needed R & R in the hotel room, Mama and I struck out to go pumpkin picking with Elise and our friend Matthew. Matthew is a new friend of ours who is originally from Alabama, but graduated from the University of Virginia in 2009. He is a postulant through the diocese of Virginia, thus we like him especially for being Episcopalian and a future priest. Be sure to notice his hopeful face in the picture below as he looks towards his future as an ordained person...

We picked three pumpkins in all, which now decorate our front room awaiting a carving extravaganza to take place a little closer to Halloween. Luna likes to lick these pumpkins, I might add. Matthew and I also spent some quality time frolicking through a corn maze, which you will see documented in my "Allah Akbar" pose as well as the minxy ones I like to call, "Matthew through the Corn Leaves." Finally, be sure to note the one Matthew titled, "Amurrica"- it's Mama and me, pumpkins, flowers, and an American flag flying in the background. It's the kind of thing that would make Allen Ginsberg cry.

I guess New England isn't that bad...




























No comments:

Post a Comment